Friday, June 6, 2014

Week 2 Reflection

Unfortunately, I was unable to attend this past class session.  It appears I missed out on a lot of learning and group activities.  I admit I am a bit lost even after listening to the class recording--which only covers the first 90 minutes--but there's email and Google+ so I'm certain I can get timely answers to pressing questions :)  I'm grateful for that.  Honestly, after reading about the assignments, I started to feel overwhelmed.  ETEC672 really IS fast-paced--as it needs to be because we are covering a semester's worth of material in a short 6-week summer session.  Normally, however, I am able to process the information, do research, and produce a deliverable with less stress.  I suppose I'm frazzled by the different places we have to visit to find and read information: wikispaces, Google+, personal Gmail account, and school Gmail account, individual blogs, and so on.  Well, I better get used to it.  Part of being a student is organization and management of information.  Despite the confusion and seemingly heavy workload I am very excited to work with peers on Team Assignment #1.  Go Team Black!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl,

    Yes, there are lots of parts, but if you spend an hour or two each day, you should be fine. Once you get the hang of it, I think you'll be able to get through the tasks more easily, since the tasks are repititive. Having Wikispaces and a Google+ Community can be daunting. Wikispaces is our asynchronous class, and the community is where we gather to share what we've learned. The blog is just for reflections--it'll hopefully help you to sort things out. Others may be experiencing your sentiments as well. In the end, we come together with different skills, and we all learn from each other and struggle together as well :) Keep communicating.

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your response, Colleen. I really appreciate your help and understanding. And thank you for getting back to me about our assignments so quickly. I have a better idea of what to do now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloha Cheryl,

    I noticed you felt overwhelmed. Me too! I didn't know what to expect taking a summer course. I wasn't sure how a full semester gets compounded over 6 weeks, but now i know! But like you said, we are all going through this together and will have some fun doing so! In my opinion, the key to learning is fun, so here we go! Good luck to team black!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cheryl,

    I think we all might be feeling a overwhelmed right now! I just wrote my weekly post saying that I think it's best to do a little each day. Reading your post and Colleen's comment sounds a lot like mine. This makes me feel better because I now know I'm not the only one. I agree with you that it can be confusing with so many different areas to find information and post. I think the calendar tool on the class wiki site is helpful. I admire your enthusiasm and keep it up. We only have 4 more weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mahalo, Joseph and Janet! One of the most comforting lines is "You are not alone." I don't like that you are overwhelmed too, but I find comfort in knowing that feeling overwhelmed is normal and we are all working through this course TOGETHER. We're not going to allow the overwhelming sensation of a fast-paced schedule and workload cause academic paralysis. The only way to get through it is to get to it :) Thank you again for you kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cheryl, I am right with you. I missed last weeks class as well and am feeling very overwhelmed. There are so many places to look for things and I'm having hard time keeping them straight. I actually got confused and thought the spotlight assignment was our group assignment. I realized I just have to take it one step at a time and I will eventually get it all done. Hang in there! :-)

    ReplyDelete